Saturday, April 15, 2017

Here's a look into my first week on the shore. I've been so absorbed with taking it all in for myself that I haven't taken many pictures or thought about how to translate it all to text.

Quite simply, it is beautiful and the staff is all very nice and the work is really cool.





There is a bridge/tunnel/island system that connects mainland Virginia to the peninsula. It costs about $15 to cross, so it's no joke. I was trying to get a picture of the bridge, but upon reviewing it on my computer realized I captured the pod of dolphins that was hanging out off the shore.




These fiddler crabs crack me up. Apparently their numbers will dwindle when the whimbrel come through and feed on them, but right no wit appears like the whole mudflat is moving when they all start retreating to their hidey holes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment