Monday, April 17, 2017

Food

Let's be honest, we all know that my favorite thing to take pictures of is my food. Hate me for it or not, you can't deny it's a savory art.



  

We had a retirement party potluck my second day on the job and I didn't want to seem like a total mooch, so I decided to make cookies. Perhaps I should've gone with something like chex mix, but of course I chose a big project after my first day of work and in a new kitchen. When I got home from my glorious Food Lion experience I realized I had no flour (only cookie mix), no rolling pin, and no vanilla. There was no way in hell I was going back to that Food Lion, so I got creative - hairspray bottle covered in plastic wrap for the rolling pin, plastic wrap on the cutting board since I didn't have flour, and lime juice instead of vanilla to flavor the icing. I also think I was a bit dehydrated and wasn't thinking clearly!


 
Mastering the perfect soft boiled egg

  

My Easter meal was salmon, tricolored carrots roasted with Parmesan, and asparagus with blood orange.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment