Friday, April 14, 2017

First Day Woes

Things that you worry about on the first day of work:

What do I wear?!
You want to look nice, but for field biology that’s tough. You want to appear professional and not ratty, but if you showed up in sparkling field clothes they’d for sure see you didn’t know what you were doing.

**my boss and I literally have the same pants and similar jackets, vests, etc. We basically wear the same outfits. When the whole office went on the boat we were mostly wearing the same chacos and other clothes.

What do I do for lunch?!
Usually this would be the worry of where would you eat in your new office building, but I’m worried about bringing my lunchbox and how many Clif bars I should pack and what food will be easy to eat on a boat or walking in the sand. Why did I buy a Tupperware specific for salads when that is an impractical meal for the field?! But thank god I ordered literally 40+ clif bars to get me started (can I start a GoFundMe for Clif bars??)

**my boss and I were commenting on eachother's Clif bars/Luna bars and our mutual favorite flavors

Will anyone like me?!

Yet to be determined

**I did get invited to happy hour on the first day, but I think that was sort of obligatory.




No comments:

Post a Comment